Monday, May 19, 2014

The Bellevue Resort, Bohol

Travel Dates: April 24-25, 2014
Travel Buddies: BPI Sustainable Energy Finance (SEF) team and SEF award winners

Trabaho muna!
As an incentive for booking the most "green loans," BPI treated some of their account officers to a work/ leisure trip to Bohol. I came for the "work" part, as a guest speaker to help them evaluate their existing energy efficiency or renewable energy projects, learn from previous lessons, and to replicate their success. The bankers also visited a hydropower plant in Loboc. (I didn't join them to give them time to bond as a team!)

We stayed at the posh Bellevue Resort, situated in Brgy. Doljo, Panglao Island, Bohol. Its location was a bit surprising - right smack in the middle of a residential area. Imagine a small barrio road with houses and sari-sari stores - then you turn towards a short driveway, and voila: a luxury resort!


I was a bit taken aback by the size of the Bellevue. The lobby was massive! I imagine that it is a good venue for large groups, like conventions or big weddings or family reunions (though all the noise and activities will disturb the people who would want to relax. The architecture and the detail of the Bellevue reminded me of Balinese or Thai art.

The room was huge as well. I had two beds in mine, and couldn't help but wish I brought the rest of the Pacuanderers with me.  :o) This always happens to me whenever I travel for work.

My room

I didn't have much time to enjoy the facilities, because I only stayed overnight. But I did have time to walk by the beach, and to take a dip in the infinity pool.


Bellevue Hotel, the facade by the beach

At Bellevue, you get honest pictures. There are other places that look good in photos, but :blah: in real life. In this case, I can probably say that the real thing is better than the photos, because pictures couldn't capture the relaxing atmosphere and the smell and sound of the sea.

One of the 3 restaurants in Bellevue, the Marea

The hotel is not for budget travelers. The brochure they gave me said Php 18,000.00/ night! However, the concierge told me they always have online promos. This site has 2014 rates, and lists Php 7,700/ night for off-peak (Chinese New Year and Holy Week, which are all done for the year, so do check!).

#YogaAnywhere #FormaEverywhere at the Infinity Pool

If you have the budget for it, (and be sure to spend at least 2 nights to enjoy the place), the Bellevue Resort is a sweet destination. It is away from the more popular Alona Beach, and the water is good for kids - smooth, clean, no rocks, calm water, and lots of starfish ! The resort staff can also help you book island tours or snorkeling excursions (premium prices, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment