Monday, May 19, 2014

Bohol Bee Farm: Revisited


Honeymoon Scrapbook, 2006
We honeymooned in Bohol. So this post qualifies as a #throwbacktravel post! My latest visit to Bohol this April was for work, but I couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic :o) So on my way to the airport, I chose to hire a tricycle (in place of the usual hotel car), so I can hop on and off for some photos and a quick tour of the countryside.

Panglao Church, then and now.

I checked out early from my hotel so I can have lunch at the Bohol Bee Farm. We fell in love with the place back in 2006, because of its "secret garden" vibe, much like Sonya's in Tagaytay. I heard it had improved and expanded throughout the years, and served really good food.

The guys at the Bellevue Hotel in Panglao helped me hire a tricycle to take me to the Bohol Bee Farm (which was nice of them for not forcing me to take the hotel car!). Getting the trike was fast, and the driver and I agreed on a Php 500.00 fee from Bellevue - Bee Farm (where he will wait for me) - picture stops along the way - Tagbilaran Airport. The air in Bohol is still fresh and clean so I didn't mind the long tricycle ride :-)




#ThrowbackTravel - Discovering Bohol Bee Farm in 2006

Revisited in 2014. I guess I like my stripes :)

Bohol Bee Farm has indeed grown! Back then, they had the farm, a few rooms, and the shop (I don't recall the resto and the spa, but they must have had them before, but smaller). This time, they have more rooms, a bigger restaurant, a cafe, a bigger spa, and a really cool indoor pool.

What's there: a Spa, a Cafe & Resto, Veggies and Herbs for Sale, Homemade Ice Cream, and the really nice pool

I ordered the Grilled Tanguigue Lunch, which came with an organic salad with honey mustard dressing and red organic rice (around Php300.00). Big serving and could probably feed 2 people! All meals come with some Bohol Bee Farm honey bread with a selection of spreads: their famous Honey Spread and Pesto Spread. I enjoyed a relaxing solo meal while enjoying the view from the cliff side restaurant.

My view, my meal, my dessert

I forgot to leave room for dessert, so I explored the area on my own to digest my lunch a bit :) . If you are interested to learn about the plants and their products, there is also a guided farm tour for Php 30.00.



I couldn't leave the Bee Farm without trying their homemade ice cream! It was delicious and they use cassava sheets for the cone. They had flavors like durian, tomato, and malunggay. I wasn't feeling adventurous and opted for the avocado.



Bohol Bee Farm is a relaxing stopover in Bohol. The downside is that they don't have a "swimmable" coastline (right along the cliff and the rocks), but they can arrange a shuttle for you to go to the beach. Should be okay if you are not there for the water. I imagine staying there to reflect and maybe get a lot of writing done.

Don't forget to grab a jar of Bohol Bee Farm Honey Spread to enjoy at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment